Setting up Outlook Express for Pop Mail
The first piece of information you will need to know is something we can’t tell you. You need to know the name of your ISP’s SMTP server so that when you send mail, it goes out through your ISP. We have a quick tutorial on how to find your current SMTP server to help you.
1. In Outlook Express, select Tools and then Accounts:
2. Click on the Add button, and then select ‘Mail’.
3. Type your first and last name OR your business name in this field. This name will appear in Emails that you send as part of the ‘From’ Field. Click Next.
4. Type in your Email address. This is for your business or domain name, so be sure to use your new address, not the one from your ISP. IE, ‘email@example.com’. Click Next.
5a. From the drop-down menu, select ‘POP3’.
5b. In the field for ‘Incoming Mail Server’, type ‘mail.YOURDOMAIN.COM’. (Replace YOURDOMAIN.COM with your actual domain name).
5c. In the field for ‘Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server’, type in the name of your ISP’s SMTP server.
If you haven’t already found this information, cancel out of adding a new mail account and follow the instructions in our ‘Finding your SMTP Server‘ tutorial, and then return to this tutorial and start from the beginning.
5d. Click Next.
6. When your account was set up, we sent you details including your account name and password. Use this information to fill out this form. Leave the box at the bottom of the screen unticked.
Your login name should be in the format of either USERNAME or username@YOURDOMAIN.COM (depending on the server your site is hosted on).
7. Click on Finish.